Hello. I’m David Qaoud. And this is my personal blog.
I guess proper introductions begin with names. My last name is pronounced “Quad” as in your quad muscle. It’s difficult to spell, but easy to pronounce, and is almost always the fist question people ask me.
I am Christian, writer, book reviewer, and interviewer.
On this site, you’ll primarily find these four things:
- Articles related to the gospel.
- Interviews with Christian leaders and authors.
- Book reviews from Crossway Books.
- Gospel-centered resources to help you dive deeper into the Good News.
I post 1-2 times per week. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to get the posts sent to your email. You can do that here.
Some of my most popular posts of all-time are:
1) Mark Driscoll: 6 Reasons Why God Created Sex For Marriage
2) Why God Wants Our Praise
3) 11 Things Every Single Christian Should Know
4) Why Our Identity is Already Secured
5) 10 Reasons Why God Allows Suffering
I know first impressions can be weird, so let me tell you a little about myself:
- I was born in Port Charlotte, Florida
- My family lived in New York for 10 years (The Big Apple!)
- Now I live in South City, St. Louis
- Because of my initials, some of my friends call me “DQ”
- Yes, I know people usually associate DQ with “Dairy Queen”
- I have a B.S. in Business Management and Marketing from Northwest Missouri State University
- I am Credit Manager for a private lighting company here in St. Louis
- I love to read, write, workout, and be with friends
- I’d like to write several books one day
- I am a huge fan of Lecrae and others forms of good Hip-Hop music
- I’m very passionate about Reformed theology
- Among others, the way I view the Christian life has been greatly influenced by John Piper, Tim Keller, R.C. Sproul, and John Calvin
- I love donuts and coffee and grammar and babies
Most importantly, I am a follower of Jesus Christ and I hope my writings, life, and example will point you to him. As the name of the blog indicates, I write a lot about the gospel. I’m not trying to make the gospel releavnt. It already is relevant. Rather, with a unique writing style, humor, and lucid brevity, I desire to reveal the relevance of the gospel for everyday life.
After all, as Tim Keller once said, “The gospel is not the ABC’s of the Christian life; the gospel is the A through Z of the Christian life.”
Feel free to stay and check out my blog. Also feel free to contact me at dqaoud at hotmail dot com or use the contact form in the menu option or just contact me on Twitter here. I’d love to connect with you.
Blessings in the gospel,